Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Favre Saga Ends

Well, it appears to finally be over. You may have noticed that I carefully avoided mentioning a particular endless saga. I figured ESPN's hour-by-hour updates, speculation, and analysis are enough to satisfy everyone's thirst for Brett Favre info. But now it's all over: He's going to the Jets, and we can get on with our lives. I have to admit, I was kind of hoping the ol' gunslinger would mosey on into d.c. (what an offseason that would be, Jason Taylor and Brett Favre!), but oh well, we've got three capable quarterbacks, as evidenced by the recent Hall of Fame game. My reaction? Hey, if he can help the Jets take on the Evil Empire, lead by Darth Belichick, then I'll be a happy camper.

Anyways, I was mowing the lawn Sunday, trying to get out of the house (yes, the in-laws are still here!!). So there I am, mowing away, and I hear "crrriiiink!!!". Yeah, I went over a huge rock I guess. So the lawnmower is destroyed. So, of course I try to fix it, not thinking, and forget that it's still on! I reach in there and start messing with stuff and suddenly the blade comes on. I swear to you, I was an inch away from losing my whole arm. I don't know how I got it out of there unscathed, but a bunch of pieces of rock flew into my face. Long story short, I've been going into work this week with a bunch of marks all over my face from the rocks that flew at me. Plus I think I swallowed some. Deb overreacted of course, but I just hate going into work looking like an idiot. I lied and told all the young guys I work with that I tripped and fell on a rake, but I don't think they believe me.

No comments: